One of the nicest features of the McLean Gardens neighborhood is the wide variety of stores, restaurants, and offices that are an easy walk from home. A few stores are part of chains, but many are independently owned and some have been here a long time. Along Wisconsin Avenue and Idaho Avenue and on Newark and Macomb Streets, we have several blocks of shopping and dining.
In particular, neighborhood shopping provides:
- A grocery store and pharmacy; there are plans to significantly expand and upgrade them.
- A full service bank branch.
- A toy and art supplies store.
- Several independent home decorating and gift stores.
- Three dry cleaning and laundry stores and a self-service laundry; the dry cleaners will do minor alteration and sewing repairs.
- Several full-service beauty salons.
- Three exercise centers, including one specializing in yoga.
- A jewelry store with repair services.
- Two liquor stores.
- A travel agency.
- An insurance company office.
- A consignment store.
And neighborhood dining includes:
- a coffee house.
- a sports bar and tavern.
- a pizzeria.
- a Japanese restaurant.
- an ice cream shop.
- a Mexican restaurant.
- a continental/American style restaurant.